The office will be open with slightly modified safety protocols for in-person Acupuncture treatments, but Herbal Medicine only consults will remain virtual via telemedicine for the present. Please read the following prior to scheduling an appointment on my website:
- Masks will be required for everyone in the office for the entirety of the visit. Please wear one from home as I will not be able to provide any on site due to limited availability. There are no exceptions. Please refrain from bringing visitors with you unless you are chaperoning a minor, for which you also must wear a mask.
- Hand Washing is required before each treatment. Please use the hall restroom prior to entry.
- Entry to the office is on a one-on-one basis, and for you to minimize contact with high touch surfaces, the office door will be locked and I will open and close all doors inside the office during the visit.
- There will be no one allowed to wait in the waiting area. You may wait in the hallway if no one else is there, or in your car, and I will call or text when it is time for your appointment.
- Prior to entry, you will be required to initial receipt of pre-screening questionnaire and new COVID19 specific informed consent, as is required by my malpractice insurance company. Please see copy attached here. You will also have a pre-entry temperature screen and pulse oximeter reading. Anyone measuring a temperature above 100F will not be allowed entry and advised to contact their primary healthcare provider. Expect confirmation phone calls 24 hrs. prior to your visit to prescreen.
- Patients will be scheduled to avoid any overlap, and treatment sessions may be shortened if you prefer to do the intake portion of the treatment via phone and only visit the office for the treatment itself.
- Please bring your own shorts or tank tops to provide exposure to treatment areas as re-usable sheets will not be available for draping.
- Sanitizing the office between each appointment will include high touch areas, individual treatment rooms and tables, and all tables will use disposable only paper and pillowcases. Hand sanitizer and tissues will be available in all treatment areas.
- Contactless Check Out will be standard payment procedure going forward using email links to pay online.
- If you are currently experiencing or have been exposed in the last two weeks to someone with a fever, cough, or shortness of breath we ask that you call your primary healthcare provider’s office rather than come in. They can give you guidance as to whether a virtual visit or evaluation in the urgent care may be indicated.
I am always here for you virtually and in person. It is my ultimate goal to provide your healthcare needs safely while helping to slow the spread of COVID19. If you have any concerns about these safety protocols, please email me directly at email@example.com so we can continue to help and support each other during this difficult time.